Kankakee Valley School Corporation offers a full-day Kindergarten Program which meets daily. Parents will pay textbook and supply fees. Quick links to websites for each elementary school are available at the top of this page.
In order to enroll in Kankakee Valley Schools, students must be 5 years of age on or before August 1, 2022.
Students residing outside the boundaries of Kankakee Valley School Corporation will be added to the Out of District Wait-list in accordance with Kankakee Valley School Corporation Policy.
*** NOTE: IF YOUR CHILD ATTENDED THE KANKAKEE VALLEY PRE-SCHOOL PROGRAM AT THE HIGH SCHOOL THIS YEAR, YOUR CHILD IS ALREADY IN OUR SYSTEM AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO COMPLETE THIS ENROLLMENT PROCESS. YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY EMAIL AT A LATER DATE WITH FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. ***
This pre-registration/enrollment process is for students new to Kankakee Valley Schools in a given school year. This includes students enrolling in the following:
Determine which school your student will attend by visiting our school boundary map. The school your student will attend is determined by your home address.
The documents required for pre-registration/enrollment can be obtained via any of the following:
- A downloadable “Pre-Registration/Enrollment Packet” [English] [Español]
- August 1 - May 31-- A packet can be picked up at each school building office (see addresses to the right)
- June 1 - July 31--A packet can be picked up at the Corporation Office (see addresses to the right)
Packets are available in both English and Spanish
Before your child can be pre-registered/enrolled, all completed forms must be submitted, and the following documentation must be included:
- New Student Pre-Registration/Enrollment Checklist
- New Student Pre-Registration/Enrollment Form
- Residency Verification Affidavit Form
- Including 2 Proof of residency items (e.g. Utility Bill, Driver’s License, etc.)
- See Residency Verification form for complete list of acceptable documentation
- Home Language Survey
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Immunization Records
- Custody Paperwork (if applicable)
Once all forms have been completed, and all required documents are obtained, packets can be turned in or dropped off at any of the following locations:
- August 1 - May 31--The main office of the building the child will be attending (see addresses to the right)
- June 1 - July 31--The Corporation Office (see addresses to the right).
After Pre-Registration is completed, you will receive information on how to proceed to the next process--Online Registration