During flu season, the Centers for Disease Control recommends the following guidelines:
- Stay home if you are vomiting, have a fever, or feel weak and dizzy. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent other from catching your illness. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away after use and wash your hands. If a tissue is not available, cover your nose and mouth with your sleeve, not your hand.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs are spread this way
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work, or school; especially when someone is ill.