Work Permits

Last Updated: 4/25/2019 4:16 PM
  • To obtain a work permit, an ‘Intention To Employ form must be completed and signed by the student, a parent, and the employer. These forms are available in the School Counseling Office or can be printed by following the link. 
  • Work Permits must be obtained by every employer before a person under 18 years of age (including high school graduates and married youths) are allowed to work. 
  • Work permits are not necessary for minors employed in these areas: farm labor, domestic service, newspaper carriers, or golf caddies. 



  • Students must have passing grades in all core subjects in the previous 9 weeks grading period to be issued a work permit. 
  •  Work permits will be revoked for any student receiving a grade of “F” in a 9-week grading period in a core subject (English, Math, Science, Social Studies, PE/Health) or a Withdrawal due to a disciplinary reason. 
  • Work permits will also be revoked when a student receives a second out-of-school suspension and/or is referred for expulsion from school. 
  • Work permits may be reissued for these students at the end of the next 9 weeks grading period assuming grade and discipline requirements have been met.