Commencement Stage Photo Opportunity
May 18 - June 5
Seniors will have an opportunity to take photos on a traditional commencement stage set up in the Kankakee Valley Gymnasium between the dates of May 18 – June 5 from 8am to 2pm. This event is by appointment only and limited to the graduate, parents, and one other person to take photos if needed for a maximum total of four people. Each graduate will be allotted 15 minutes to take photos if they choose to participate. Appointments can be set it up by calling the main office at 291-956-3143 ext. 2099. Scheduling will occur on May 13---May 20. This provides another way to celebrate your senior and will be in addition to the Commencement Ceremony.
KV Red Support
June 1 – June 6
In support of our seniors the week before Commencement, we would like to see our KVHS Families and Community show their support by installing red outdoor lights and decorating doors and windows with Kankakee Valley Red. We will be promoting this throughout the communities the next couple of weeks.
Class of 2020 Brick Pavers
We are working with a local landscaping company, to have an area on school grounds, designed with brick pavers to recognize and remember the Class of 2020. This will serve as a lasting remembrance to the Class of 2020, and how they overcame the Covid-19 challenges during their final year of high school.
June 6, 2020 KVHS Event Parking Lot (Football Field Parking Lot) 4:00pm
Poor Weather Makeup Date June 7, 2020 same time and format
- A very nice stage will be located on the backside of the school building. Each family will be assigned a parking spot in alphabetical order facing the stage. Students and their families will be directed to the stage in their vehicles and will follow the guidelines put forth by the Health Department that are listed below. The student will exit the vehicle and come up on stage to receive their diploma. Their name will be read with any accomplishments such as NHS, Scholarships, and Senior Awards. If they are being inducted into the NHS, they will sign the NHS booklet at that time. The student will exit the stage, get back in their car, and be directed back to their parking spot.
- The Commencement Ceremony will be heard through an FM Transmitter so families in the school area will be able to hear through their car radios. Commencement will also be Live Streamed. Please keep in mind there could be a slight delay as with any Live Streamed event.
- Health Department Guidelines
- Since we cannot have gatherings of 100 or more people at that time, families must stay in their car with windows rolled up. There will be a photographer there to take pictures.
- We recommend masks for seniors, staff on the stage, and staff assisting in the parking lot.
- Cars will need to be a regular sized vehicle/truck. No raised trucks, limousines, motorhomes, etc.
- We are to recommend that car windows stay up since vehicles are not the suggested 6 feet apart.
- Handshakes will not be allowed.
- With the unique circumstances of this year’s commencement, we will honor the multiple requests by students and parents to decorate caps in a tasteful and appropriate manner. This is a token of our gratitude for being an outstanding class who we will truly miss. We will go back to the KVHS tradition next year.
- We know this is not the most ideal situation, however, we want to recognize and celebrate all the greatness of the Class of 2020 the best we can under the circumstances. Stayed tuned for more specific information as we get closer to commencement.